Weize 'n' Rancor
All Grain Recipe
Submitted By: gowenrw (Shared)
Members can download and share recipes
|Brewer: TheLab.ms Members|| |
|Batch Size: 5.00 gal||Style: Weizen/Weissbier (Wheat Beer) (16.1)|
|Boil Size: 6.46 gal||Style Guide: AABC 2010|
|Color: 7.0 SRM||Equipment: Pot and Cooler (10 Gal/37.8 L) - All Grain|
|Bitterness: 32.0 IBUs||Boil Time: 60 min|
|Est OG: 1.053 (13.2° P)||Mash Profile: Single Infusion, Light Body, No Mash Out|
|Est FG: 1.015 SG (3.8° P)||Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage|
|ABV: 5.1%||Taste Rating: 30.0|
||PH 5.2 Stabilizer (Mash 60 min)
||Wheat Malt, Ger (2.0 SRM)
||Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)
||Pale Malt (6 Row) US (2.0 SRM)
||Wheat, Flaked (1.6 SRM)
||Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (120.0 SRM)
||Hallertauer Mittelfrueh [4.0%] - Boil 60 min
||Irish Moss (Boil 10 min)
||Citra [12.0%] - Boil 10 min
||Safbrew Wheat (DCL/Fermentis #WB-06)
NotesWeize 'n' Rancor is a wheat beer in the German Weizen style with some extra hop Rancor kicking it up a notch.
Steps to this recipe
* Clean and Sanitize everything.
* Start heating just under 4 Gal of water to 163.5 F for the mash.
* Add PH stabilizer to the water.
* While mash water is heating mill all the grains (don't mill the wheat flakes).
* Add the mash water at 163.5 F to the mash tun (adding grains will reduce this to 150 F).
* Add the grains including wheat flakes to the mash tun stiring to release air trapped in the grains.
* Cap the mash tun and let the grains steep at 150 F for 75 min.
* Start heating about 4 1/2 Gal of water to 168 F for sparging about 50 min after starting steep.
* Add the sparge water at 168 F to the sparge bucket and secure hose for fly sparging.
* Take first runnings from the mash testing sugar content to ensure completion
* Fly sparge the mash adding the wort to the brew kettle at the same rate sparge water enters the mash tun
* Stop collecting wort when you have just under 6 1/2 Gal or when runnings measure 1.010 specific gravity.
* Start heating the wort to a boil.
* Add bittering hops to the wort once it is at a rolling boil and start timing your 60 min boil time.
* Add aroma hops to the wort 50 minutes into the boil (10 min remaining)
* Add irish moss (clarifier) and yeast nutrient to the wort 50 minutes into the boil (10 min remaining)
* When boil is finished remove from heat and crash cool the wort using a chiller
* Once wort has reached approximately 80 F transfer to fermentation bucket
* Take a specific gravity reading and record this as your original gravity
* Pitch yeast and aerate.
* Seal the fermenter with an airlock and wait for it to transform itself into the nectar of the gods.