Using the BeerSmith™ Cloud
BeerSmithRecipes.com is the world's largest single repository of beer, cider, mead and wine recipes. You can search for recipes by name, style or rating and share recipes with friends around the world.
All of the recipes on this site were created with BeerSmith™ software. With BeerSmith software you can create your own beer, mead, cider and wine recipes, or download recipes found on this site and scale them to brew on your own equipment.
Thousands of commercial breweries worldside also use BeerSmith and BeerSmithRecipes.com for their recipe development.
To create your own recipes, or use the ones on this site, you should download either the desktop or mobile version of BeerSmith 3 and create a free account here.
Need BeerSmith™ Desktop or Mobile?
Learn Using Our Free Videos (just a few minutes each)
Getting Started with BeerSmithRecipes.com
- You first need to register for an account at BeerSmithRecipes.com
- Use the Register button on the web site to register for a new account. You will need an active email address.
- After registering a confirmation code and link will be sent to your email address. You will need to use this code and link to confirm your account.
- Once you have confirmed your account you can log into your account at any time using your user name and password
Adding Recipes to Your Account
- Make sure you have BeerSmith 3 available here. (Check Help->About) for your version number
- Open BeerSmith 3 and click on the Cloud icon on the Recipe menu or ribbon
- When prompted, use the user name and password you established above to log into your cloud folder
- Once you are logged in you can Copy/Paste recipes between the cloud folder and your My Recipes folders.
- You can also right click on any normal recipe and use the Copy to Cloud Folder command to copy recipes to your cloud folder
- Recipes added to your cloud folder will instantly appear in your Recipes folder online if you log into BeerSmithRecipes.com from any web browser.
- Newly added recipes in your cloud folder are private by default. To share them with others you can use the Shared/Private icon on the ribbon from within BeerSmith. A shared recipe is public and can be found and downloaded by anyone.
- You can also log into your online BeerSmithRecipes.com account and share recipes from there using the Mark as Private/Mark as Shared links
- Recipe sharing options are explained more fully in this article on recipe sharing options
Upgrading your Cloud Storage
- The default basic account only allows space for 15 recipes in the cloud folder and no access to web based tools.
- Purhcase a Gold, Platinum or Professional level license to get the most out of BeerSmithRecipes.com
Finding Recipes Online
- You can search the extensive database of shared recipes by visiting BeerSmithRecipes.com and using the search feature
- Searching for a word will match only that word, but you can search partial terms by using a '*' character at the end of your search term such as "alt*"
- When you find recipes of interest, you can Bookmark them using the Bookmark link.
- Later you can Download or create private copies of the recipe in your cloud folder for use in BeerSmith.
- If you are logged in to the BeerSmithRecipes.com web site you can review recipes and add your comments to each review.
Managing Your Profile
- Use the Profile item on the website to edit your user profile. Here you can enter your real name (if desired), tagline, location, club, and website. By default your profile is PUBLIC information, except for your email which is not shared.
- You can also manage Notifications here. By default you will receive emails when someone posts a comment on your recipe, sends a message to you, or follows you.
- You can set up a gravitar by clicking on the Add Gravitar button. The site uses the gravitar system for storing avatar images, In order for your gravatar to show up on the web site it is important that you use the same email address when registering your gravitar that you used when registering for BeerSmithRecipes.com
- You can also set the Units (Metric or English) used to display recipes from your profile page.
Following Other Brewers
- You can search for fellow brewers by email address, name or user name using the Find Friends button on the main page just below the main search box.
- If you have friends on the site, you can follow them using the Follow User button. This lets you see when they add new comments or post new recipes to the site.
- You can see a list of all of the latest events related to your friends from the Friends main menu item.
Posting to Your Wall
- Each user has a Wall for comments and links available from the Wall menu item online.
- You can leave comments on your own wall or post to another's wall.
- BeerSmithRecipes.com also has a simple private messaging system. You can go to your inbox and send messages to other friends from there.
- You can decide not to receive private messages using the Notifications section of your Profile.
Security and Privacy
Retention and Use of Personal InformationWhen you access this web site, some elements of personal information such as your ip address, the site that referred you, and email address (if you set up an account) may be automatically collected, and may be stored indefinitely.
Any personal information, as may from time to time be collected from this website, such as when you order or register on the site, subscribe to a newsletter, or fill out the contact form, is stored indefinitely.
We will not, except when required by law, will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; However, we reserve the right to otherwise transfer such information to a legitimate successor-in-interest to our company or business assets. In addition, we may provide information to website hosting partners and other entities who assist us in operating our website and conducting our business. Any personal information we collect may be used for such purposes as customer service, marketing, product and service development, and facilitating subsequent use of this website.
If you opt in, such as for newsletter or email services, please set your preferences if you would like us to from time to time, notify you of information that may be of interest to you.
Occasionally, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites are responsible for their own privacy policies.
If you sign up for our email list when registering you will be added to the BeerSmith email list only. You may also receive email notifications for various events and news from the BeerSmithRecipes.com site, including the private messaging service on the site, but these can be turned off by going to your profile page on the web site.
All recipes you mark as public will be publicly available to anyone. Sharing a recipe on the site allows any visitor to download, brew, use or modify publicly posted recipes. Any data you enter in your user profile (except email address) such as your name, web site, avatar, tagline, etc...will be shown in your public profile. Your wall posts, comments, reviews, people you are following, etc will also be publicly viewable.
BeerSmith LLC and affiliates may provide "order now" links for selected shared recipes, and using these links will help support the BeerSmith web sites and company. These may include affiliate links, from which BeerSmith may collect a portion of the purchase price from the supplier.
BeerSmithRecipes.com does use "cookies" which are stored by your web browser to support session logins.
The majority of the content on this web site is user-contributed, and the owners of the site make no attempt to moderate or filter every posting. If you find a post, comment, or other content that is offensive or inappropriate, please report it to a moderator for review. There are "report to moderator" buttons throughout the website.
We do reserve the unilateral right to ban users, remove accounts or remove content that is found to be offensive, inappropriate, or in violation of the user agreement. In extreme cases, your user account may be removed along with all of your content. If you are a paid subscriber and your account is closed or locked you may request a refund for the pro-rated (unused portion for remaining term) of your subscription payment by submitting a request in writing.
Use of third party servicesThis web site uses Google Analytics to track web site usage and referring websites. Google analytics may capture your IP address and referring website, but no other personal data is captured.
This web site also uses GetResponse to manage its email list, so if you opt in to the BeerSmith email list, GetResponse may store your IP address, email used and name if provided.
BeerSmithRecipes.com uses a secure socket (SSL) encrypted server, but only if accessed from BeerSmith 3 or higher or via the https://beersmithrecipes.com link. If you do not use the secure link or are using a copy of BeerSmith 2.x or earlier your data including recipe data, passwords and user names are NOT encrypted during transmission over the internet. As a result, we cannot guarantee your privacy or security when transmitting recipe data. The service is not designed to protect proprietary or private personal information, but provides security and protection comparable to other non-encrypted web sites such as discussion forums or conventional recipe web sites.
We do take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized access, and do our best to protect your privacy within the limitations of an open conventional web site.
Third Party LinksOccasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.