SLD's Multigrain Irish Red - 5 Gal
Submitted By: ec135h (Shared)
Members can download and share recipes
|Brewer: sld|| |
|Batch Size: 5.00 gal||Style: Irish Red Ale (15A)|
|Boil Size: 3.68 gal||Style Guide: BJCP 2015|
|Color: 13.1 SRM||Equipment: Pot ( 4 Gal/15.1 L) - Extract|
|Bitterness: 23.8 IBUs||Boil Time: 60 min|
|Est OG: 1.040 (10.0° P)|| |
|Est FG: 1.010 SG (2.6° P)||Fermentation: Ale, Two Stage|
|ABV: 3.9%||Taste Rating: 30.0|
||Caramel Wheat Malt (46.0 SRM)
||Caramunich II (46.0 SRM)
||Chocolate Rye Malt (250.0 SRM)
||Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM)
||U.K. Maris Otter malt (4.5 SRM)
||Willamette [5.5%] - Boil 60 min
||Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10 min)
||Willamette [5.5%] - Steep 0 min
||British Ale II (Wyeast Labs #1335)
Notes- Add all steeping grains to steeping bag and steep as per your preferred steeping method. Generally, 150 F for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, bring to boil then turn off heat, and add extract. Once extract is amply mixed, bring back to a boil.
- Once wort comes to a boil, add bittering hops and start the 60 min clock.
- The wort is transfered into the 1st fermentor for 4 days at 67 degrees or when yeast stop bubbling.
- Transfer into 2nd fermentor for 10-14 days, at 65 degrees, timing is somewhat flexible.
- Add 1 Sugar Fizz Drop per 12 oz bottle when bottling or make priming solution and pour into wort prior to bottling.
- After bottling let sit for 3 to 4 weeks, timing is somewhat flexiable.
This Recipe Has Not Been Rated