Orange Cream Ale - 2.5 Gal.
Submitted By: ec135h (Shared)
Members can download and share recipes
|Brewer: sld|| |
|Batch Size: 2.70 gal||Style: Cream Ale ( 1C)|
|Boil Size: 1.74 gal||Style Guide: BJCP 2015|
|Color: 4.7 SRM||Equipment: SLD-2.5 Gal |
|Bitterness: 12.9 IBUs||Boil Time: 60 min|
|Est OG: 1.043 (10.7° P)|| |
|Est FG: 1.010 SG (2.6° P)||Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage|
|ABV: 4.3%||Taste Rating: 30.0|
||Honey Malt (25.0 SRM)
||Biscuit Malt (23.0 SRM)
|3 lbs 5.00 oz
||Pilsner Liquid Extract [Boil for 60 min] (3.5 SRM)
||Cluster [7.0%] - Boil 30 min
||Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10 min)
||Honey [Boil for 5 min] (1.0 SRM)
||Orange Zest (Boil 1 min)
||Orange Peel, Sweet (Boil 1 min)
||SafAle English Ale (DCL/Fermentis #S-04)
Notes- Add all steeping grains to steeping bag and steep as per your preferred steeping method. Generally, 150 F for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, bring to boil then turn off heat, and add extract. Once extract is amply mixed, bring back to a boil.
- Once water comes to a boil, add bittering hops and start the 60 min clock.
** Orange Blossom Honey used. For a lighter & flora flavor use "Fire Weed" honey.
** Navel Orange Zest
- The wort is divided into two 1.4 gal. fermentors, top off (add .6 gals) into each fermentor this should give an approx. vol. of 1.3 per fermentor.
- Bottle after 1st Ferm.... let sit on trub for 1-2 weeks (timing is somewhat flexible) then bottle.
- Add 1 sugar fizz drop per bottle when bottling.
- After bottling let sit for 2 to 4 weeks, timing is somewhat flexiable.
****** I found 7 weeks in the bottle allowed the orange flavor & aroma to come though. *******
This Recipe Has Not Been Rated