SLD's Nut Brown Ale-2.5 Gal
Submitted By: ec135h (Shared)
Members can download and share recipes
|Brewer: sld|| |
|Batch Size: 2.70 gal||Style: British Brown Ale (13B)|
|Boil Size: 1.74 gal||Style Guide: BJCP 2015|
|Color: 17.2 SRM||Equipment: SLD-2.5 Gal |
|Bitterness: 20.5 IBUs||Boil Time: 60 min|
|Est OG: 1.043 (10.7° P)|| |
|Est FG: 1.010 SG (2.7° P)||Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage|
|ABV: 4.3%||Taste Rating: 30.0|
||Biscuit Malt (23.0 SRM)
||Chocolate Malt (450.0 SRM)
||Special B Malt (180.0 SRM)
||Special Roast (50.0 SRM)
|3 lbs 2.40 oz
||Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM)
||Fuggle, U.S. [4.8%] - Boil 60 min
||Styrian Goldings [5.4%] - Boil 15 min
||Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10 min)
||SafAle English Ale (DCL/Fermentis #S-04)
||Honey [Boil for 60 min] (1.0 SRM)
Taste NotesSlightly sweet with a light Fruit- and-Caramel flavor, aroma of chocolate nibs and toasted biscuit.
Notes- Add all steeping grains to steeping bag and steep as per your preferred steeping method. Generally, 150 F for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, bring to boil then turn off heat, and add extract. Once extract is amply mixed, bring back to a boil.
- Once water comes to a boil, add bittering hops and start the 60 min clock.
* Mesquite honey used, use any honey to your taste.
- The wort is divided into two 1.4 Gal fermentors, top off with water to bring each to 1.35 gal.
- After Fermentation.... let sit on trub for 1 week than bottle.
- Add 1 Sugar Fizz Drop per 12 oz. bottle when bottling.
- After bottling let sit for 2 to 3 weeks, timing is somewhat flexiable.
This Recipe Has Not Been Rated