Brit. Light Brown Ale - 2.5 Gal.
Submitted By: ec135h (Shared)
Members can download and share recipes
|Batch Size: 2.70 gal||Style: Clone Beer (34A)|
|Boil Size: 1.63 gal||Style Guide: BJCP 2015|
|Color: 17.1 SRM||Equipment: SLD-2.5 Gal |
|Bitterness: 13.4 IBUs||Boil Time: 45 min|
|Est OG: 1.019 (4.8° P)|| |
|Est FG: 1.004 SG (1.1° P)||Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage|
|ABV: 1.9%||Taste Rating: 30.0|
|1 lbs 6.40 oz
||Pale Malt (6 Row) US (2.0 SRM)
||Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM)
||Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM)
||Amber Dry Extract [Boil for 45 min] (12.5 SRM)
||Fuggles [4.5%] - Boil 45 min
||Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10 min)
||Golding, U.S. [5.0%] - Boil 10 min
||Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05)
Taste Notes- This Brown Ale is a lighter version of the typical Brown Ale, as it has a lower IBU (13.7), SMR (17.1) and the ABV is 1.9%.
Notes- Add all steeping grains to steeping bag and steep as per your preferred steeping method. Generally, 150 F for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, bring to boil then turn off heat, and add extract. Once extract is amply mixed, bring back to a boil.
- Once water comes to a boil, add bittering hops and start the 45 min clock.
- The wort is divided into two 1.4 Gal Big Mouth Bubblers (BMB) fermentors, top off with water to bring each to 1.3 gal.
- Bottle after 1st Ferm.... let sit on trub for 1-2 weeks timing is somewhat flexiable, then bottle.
- Add 1 sugar fizz drop per 12 oz. bottle when bottling.
- After bottling let sit for 2 to 4 weeks, timing is somewhat flexiable.
This Recipe Has Not Been Rated