Irish Blond Ale - 2.5 Gal.
Submitted By: ec135h (Shared)
Members can download and share recipes
|Brewer: sld|| |
|Batch Size: 2.70 gal||Style: Blonde Ale (18A)|
|Boil Size: 1.74 gal||Style Guide: BJCP 2015|
|Color: 5.2 SRM||Equipment: SLD-2.5 Gal |
|Bitterness: 24.0 IBUs||Boil Time: 60 min|
|Est OG: 1.048 (11.9° P)|| |
|Est FG: 1.013 SG (3.3° P)||Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage|
|ABV: 4.6%||Taste Rating: 30.0|
||Carafoam (2.0 SRM)
||Special Roast (50.0 SRM)
||Wheat Dry Extract [Boil for 55 min] (8.0 SRM)
|3 lbs 2.40 oz
||Pilsner Liquid Extract [Boil for 55 min] (3.5 SRM)
||Palisade [7.5%] - Boil 55 min
||Palisade [7.5%] - Boil 15 min
||Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10 min)
||SafAle English Ale (DCL/Fermentis #S-04)
Notes- Add all steeping grains to steeping bag and steep as per your preferred steeping method. Generally, 150 F for 30 minutes.
- Remove grains, bring to boil turn off heat, and add extract. Once extract is amply mixed, heat water to boiling.
- Once water comes to a boil, add bittering hops and start the 55 min clock.
- The wort is divided into two 1.4 Gal (Big Mouth Bubblers) fermentors, top off with water to bring each to 1.35 gal.
- After Fermentation.... let sit on trub for 1-2 weeks (timing is somewhat flexible) then bottle.
- Add 1 Sugar Fizz Drop per 12 oz bottle when bottling.
- After bottling let sit for 2 to 4 weeks, timing is somewhat flexible.
This Recipe Has Not Been Rated