Lemon Squeeze Shandy - 2.5 Gal.
Submitted By: ec135h (Shared)
Members can download and share recipes
|Brewer: sld|| |
|Batch Size: 2.50 gal||Style: American Wheat Beer ( 1D)|
|Boil Size: 1.74 gal||Style Guide: BJCP 2015|
|Color: 4.5 SRM||Equipment: SLD-2.5 Gal |
|Bitterness: 15.0 IBUs||Boil Time: 60 min|
|Est OG: 1.045 (11.2° P)|| |
|Est FG: 1.011 SG (2.7° P)||Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage|
|ABV: 4.5%||Taste Rating: 30.0|
|2 lbs 15.86 oz
||Pilsner Liquid Extract [Boil for 60 min] (3.5 SRM)
||Crystal [3.5%] - Boil 60 min
||Wheat Dry Extract [Boil for 15 min] (8.0 SRM)
||Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10 min)
||Crystalized Lemon (Boil 0 min)
||Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05)
Taste NotesTang of freshly squeezed lemonade without the sugrary sweetness, refreshing session-strength.
Notes- There are no steeping grains in the recipe.
- Bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir in extract LEM Pilsen, Once extract is amply mixed, bring back to a boil.
- Once water comes to a boil, add bittering hops and start the 60 min clock.
- Add DME Wheat with 15 minutes left in boil.
- Add Crystalized Lemon with 1 minute remaining, cool wort and add to fermenters.
- The wort is divided into two 1.4 Gal fermenters, top off with water to bring each to 1.25 gal.
- After Fermentation.... let sit on trub for 1-2 weeks (timing is somewhat flexible) then bottle.
- Add 1 Sugar Fizz Drop per 12 oz bottle when bottling.
- After bottling let sit for 2 to 4 weeks, timing is somewhat flexiable.
This Recipe Has Not Been Rated